Cut from wood that still has the natural edge of the tree at least on one part, with or without bark.
Weird and wonderful, irregular and imperfect, our Character Stumps are an explicit celebration of the unique and aberrant qualities of wood. Cut from a single block of rare character woods and rendered in exceedingly simplified forms, the organic materiality of the timber is given primary focus. Unique patterns of grain variation tell a story of age, locality, the climate conditions the tree weathered, the soil it called home, the minerals it has encountered, and the insects and animals who lived within it. From silver streaks created by beetles to unique markings caused by the wind, we find these differences to be extraordinarily beautiful, underscoring the life of the tree. Each piece is as one of a kind as the trees from which they are crafted.
Due to the inherent variations of these character woods, images are examples only. Each piece will look different from another and from the image pictured. These pieces are available on a highly limited basis due to the unique and limited availability of the timber they’re made from. Backorders and made to order requests are not possible.
Small: 8″W x 12″H x 8″D
Large: 12″W x 17″H x 12″D
Made in Maine
• Due to the inherent variations of these character woods, images are examples only. Each piece will look different from another and from the image pictured.
• Cut from American Ash and Maple that still has the natural edge of the tree at least on one part, with or without bark.
• Green Wood is timber that has been recently harvested and therefor has not had an opportunity to season by evaporation of the internal moisture
• Green Wood pieces will warp and split as they age. This is an intended part of the design.
• No finish has been applied to best allow the piece to develop a natural patina as it ages.
• No toxins/No off-gassing
• EDC free (Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals)
$ 175.00 — $ 500.00