Inspired by the idea that the essential parts of a child’s first living space should be effortless and beautiful, the Caravan Crib is made from solid Ash, White Oak or Black Walnut and designed with longevity and flexibility in mind. The crib converts as is to two different toddler bed styles: a 3-walled toddler bed or a platform-style toddler bed that can be used as seating well beyond the nursery years. It also converts to the Caravan Divan with the Caravan Conversion Kit. Available in raw Ash and oiled Ash, White Oak or Walnut. More on finishes here. Wood is hand-rubbed with Kalon Bare Finish, our premium, organic plant-based oil/wax finish.
A perfect marriage of beauty and utility, the Caravan Collection is beloved for its classic forms and versatility. Impeccably crafted from time-tested natural materials, each piece is thoughtfully designed with a commitment to sustainability. Kalon collections are built by small teams of master craftsmen using a mix of traditional and highly technological methods and a 360 degree approach to sustainability.
We strongly recommend that conversion kits are purchased at the same time as the crib because of evolving stock and production cycles.
This item is currently on view at our Los Angeles showroom.
Made in Europe
54.5″L x 30″W x 34″H
• Meets all US, Australian and European safety standards
• 2-point adjustable mattress support height
• Mattress Support Height Lower Position from floor: 7.5″
• Mattress Support Height Upper Position from floor: 18.7″
• Fits standard crib mattress (minimum dimensions of 27 1/4″ W x 51 5/8″ L and between 4″-6″ thick)
• Converts as is to 3-walled toddler bed or platform style toddler bed/seating
• Converts to Caravan Divan with toddler bed conversion kit (not included)
• Fixed side
• Made from solid European Ash
• Includes Caravan Hardware
• No toxins/No off-gassing
• EDC free (Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals)
Our oil/wax finish was painstakingly developed to preserve the delicate and luminous beauty of raw Ash. The oil finish better protects the wood, hardening it and creating a barrier that protects against water, staining and UV damage. The raw wood is for purists who want no finish at all or who intend to finish the crib on their own with a particular color or oil. The two options look virtually identical. You can see images of each by selecting the style option in the dropdown which will pull up the corresponding image.